Thursday, October 11, 2007

Chocolate Pudding

Sometimes life truly throws you a bone. The Mighty Mighty Bosstones are returning for a 5 day holiday reunion stint in Boston.

When? About 14 days after the birth of my first child.

Am I going? Hells YES I'm going. The only thing I would miss this concert for is the birth of my first child. And he's going to be well over 10 days old at that point.

I found out about the concert this morning on the internet. The first thing I did was walk into the bathroom where my wife had just taken her morning shower.

"Punch me."

"Why?"

"Just punch me!"

The wife delivered a weak right to the gut.

"Harder!"

"Why?"

"JUST DO IT!"

The wife delivers a much more emphatic blow.

"Thanks!"

"Why did I do that?

"Because the news I have is going to piss you off.....big time."

"Oh no! Where are you going?"

At least she knows me and to be honest, she took it pretty well. Realize I say "took it well" because there was no discussion. I'll discuss religion, politics, and how to raise our child, but I'm going to a Bosstones reunion. She knows of my affection for the Bosstones and was actually sad she wouldn't be able to go. I love her so much.

The next thing I did was text Andrew, one of my best and oldest friends who is a bosstones nut himself. I texted him one word, "THROWDOWN!".

He called back within a minute. And he knew exactly what it meant. I love him too.

So I'll be traveling to Boston for about 48 hours to see the Bosstones twice in the dead of winter. I'll be doing my all to get tickets the nice and legal way but if needed, I'll hit up a scalper.

Am I bastard for leaving my child that early in life? Yes. Will it scar him for life? Shit, what I do won't scar him for life. Besides, he'll be all snug and warm with his mommy while I'll be freezing my ass off in Boston. MIGHTY MIGHTY....

5 comments:

ab said...

BOSSTONES!!!!

Word, bitch. Bosstones like a mah'fucker.

Michael said...

The question must be asked Michael.

Your wife is not an E-Z Bake oven. If the appointed day arrives and your progeny is not forthcoming...are you going to induce labor to assure your presence at the Mighty Mighty Bosstones concert?

Corrollary: If you do in fact induce, will you tell your child you did so when he gets older?

Mike said...

The Wife and I both agreed that we would induce on Dec 12th if needed. This was decided way before the Bosstones announcement. However, that will not stop me from telling the child that he was induced so daddy could go to a concert in Boston. I want him to know where daddy's priorities lie.

Michael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michael said...

Sorry, wanted to make sure you saw THIS